Thursday, March 19, 2009

Madison Market

Last night I went to Madison Market to pick up some rye flour. When I was there, my mind totally exploded from all the bulk selection they had. My friends introduced me to the market some time ago, but I never really made it out there to go grocery shopping. I feel like I didn't really appreciate their selection until I realized how difficult it is to get organic rye flour, or organic cake flour. (which they sell as organic pastry flour where you add 2 tsp cornstarch to make cake flour *so awesome!*)

The best part was that I was able to buy 3 servings worth of rye flour for the focaccia recipe for $0.45 (!!!)

I am going to buy pastry flour to make pound cake. It's gonna taste waaaaaay better than baking from a box of gross pilsbury cake flour and probably cost almost the same!

I love bulk! I love Madison Market!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Rye flour... ain't nothin wrong with that!