Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Amy was in town

My sister came to visit from New York. I always have a good time when she is in town because some of our days go like this:

Wake up, run errands, eat pho, visit a friend, go to oyster happy hour, go to a happy hour party at Capitol Club, go to eat pizza. Best day ever? Perhaps.

We also try to learn a new recipe or two from our mom or grandma. This time we made kimchee and dumplings. I didn't really take pics of our kimchee making, but I took some pics of our dumpling making session. Here they are!

Everything is made from scratch. Even the dough.

Kneading the dough



Rolling out dumpling dough





Making the dumpling





Dumplings...they are a symbol of luck and prosperity. Our family always makes dumplings before someone flies away as a way to wish them a safe and prosperous trip.



We also went to eat at Barrio. The happy hour prices were great, $2 tacos, $3 appetizers, AND a fried egg on nachos?!?!?!??! I might have to go there again in the not.so.distant.future.



Pulled pork and chicken adobo taco



Chorizo w/ egg and druken bean taco



Nachos with fried egg



I miss you mei mei! Move back to Seattle ASAP!

4 comments:

amy said...

aw, what a nice post! way nicer than you are to me in real life! haha, j/k. we were definitely living the life. miss you too!

Mike said...

Dear nachos with fried egg on top,

I know we've never met but that doesn't mean we were never together. I believe in destiny, that each soul was split in two when it was created, and I think that maybe you are my missing half. You complete me. I hope that in the near future our souls can reunite and all can be at peace.

Love,

Mike with egg on top.

Azure said...

That could possibly be the best day ever!

iamsue said...

i feel like there are very few things in life that would not benefit enormously from a fried egg on top. yum! i love these kinds of days!