Monday, January 28, 2008

Puerto Madryn

We made it into Puerto Madryn a couple of days ago, and have been walking around town, going to the art fairs, and sitting next to the beach eating fried foods and drinking beers. This town reminds me a lot of the beach towns in Los Angeles. It´s a completely different scene here.

We arrived early in the morning, greasy and dirty from the overnight bus. There was poor ventilation on the bus, and I told Azure and Mike when we got of the bus, that I felt really gross. Az responded with ¨Why? Is it because you´re covered in other people´s sweat?¨ I found that really funny and completely accurate. Everything was closed and the town had an eerie feel to it since no one was up and around. We had a hard time finding a vacant room, so Az and I stayed at a cafe while Mike walked around town. I started to panic a little because I was so tired and so dirty, and I really just wanted to sleep. Luckily, Mike came back with the thumbs up, hooked us up with a clean hostel, we passed out for a few hours, then showered and went out to check out the town. It was a completely different scene than when we had left it. Tons of people were out on the beach, music was playing everywhere, cars where driving along the boardwalk, people were walking on the boardwalk, restaurants were open and serving food. I liked it a lot more the second time around.

Today we are renting a car, and going to drive up north to see the penguins and orca whales. I´ve seen a lot of pictures of the whales coming up on shore attacking seals. I think it would be really kewl to see an attack like that, but at the same time it might make me want to throw up. Who knows. I´ll definitely have my camera out in case anything like that happens.

3 comments:

Amy Sung said...

sounds like fun. i like your pictures and your bracelet. why isn't there a picture of juanny depp on here?!? :o)

Jade said...

i would love to see your version of Planet Earth: when whales attack!

Phil Matarese said...

I'm jonesing for some more posts....maybe some penguin pictures?