Thursday, August 6, 2009

GUESS WHAT?!

Guess what I get to do Thursday of next week?

I get to help fillet 60 lbs of salmon at the Loki house! Loki is a local fishing company that practices sustainable harvesting of wild fish. They are supposed to be a top notch fish company, and I get to go to the family's house and fillet fish for them!

That's not it...

I am also in charge of dessert for a fundraising event called Smoked and Pickled.

Here are some details:

Five-course smoked salmon & BBQ dinner to benefit the Vera Project. Featuring wild Alaskan coho salmon from Loki Fish Co., Molly Moon handmade ice cream, and Redhook beer-- come out and enjoy awesome food and drinks to benefit radical All-Ages Music & Art!

Menu:
Spicy Sangrita shooter w/ Ikura, creme fraiche, & chives
Summer grape & feta salad w/ meyer lemon olive oil
Roasted corn w/ chili-lime dressing
Dirty rice & bacon black beans w/ bourbon cornbread
Salmon smoked two ways or Vegetarian BBQ'd Mac n' Cheese
Poached pears w/ Molly Moon Ice Cream

I contacted the person in charge of this dinner, pitched the dessert idea, and now I will be playing with recipes for the poached pears, and hopefully I will find something that is easy and fast since there might be a lot of people at this event. I will make the ice cream at work so half of it is already done. I'm pretty excited about this! Whoooooo!!!!

2 comments:

iamsue said...

Way to take the initiative! Can't wait to hear how it turns out!

AfterMathew said...

Do you have more info on the event? Location, time, cost etc? I'm not sure that I can come, but it would be fun to come. :-)